Interlibrary loan (ILL) is a borrowing privilege for Winding Rivers Library System (WRLS) library card holders.
is a union catalog of many Wisconsin libraries, containing extensive holdings in various formats.
The La Crosse County Library can request items for you from WISCAT. Please note:
- Items must not be owned by a WRLS Library
- New items (6 months for books; 12 months for DVDs) cannot be requested
- Lending libraries determine the loan period
- Request for renewals must be made to the La Crosse County Library from which you requested the item at least 2 days prior to due date
- Textbooks are generally not able to be requested
- Patrons with library fines exceeding $5.00 may not request Ill items
Staff will gladly place your ILL requests for you. If you wish to place your own ILL requests, you must complete a one-time registration.
Call the Reference Desk at Onalaska (781-9568 ext 3) or Holmen (526-3311) to get signed up for this access.
After you are registered with the library, click here for instructions on using WISCAT.
The next step is selecting the library where you would like to pick up the materials when they arrive. Please click on a library location below for pickup. This choice will take you into the WISCAT catalog.